CERVICAL SMEAR TAKER COURSES
Enabling participants to prepare women for cervical screening, take cervical smears, interpret cervical smear results, initiate follow up action, and complete documentation in accordance with NZQA Standard 1098.
- Registered Nurse
- General Practitioner
- Enrolled Nurse
- Indemnity insurance compulsory
NB: Supervising trained cervical smeartaker for first 10 smears required.
- NCSP history, legislation, population health screening, barriers to screening, cultural competency
- Smeartaking/sexual health
- Results, abnormal smears, referrals, colposcopy, laboratory, recalls
- Well Women's Health Assessment process
1 case study, clinical assessment 2 women, 10 clinical checklists.